httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: bug with proxy TRACE? (fwd)
Date Fri, 21 Feb 1997 18:26:19 GMT
On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> proxy...

They are. The problem is that the proxy is not getting the TRACE
request. It seems to be processed by the server itself - which is
wrong, if it's a proxy request. Apache should be checking r->proxyreq
before sending a trace response. If it's set, it should not send the
trace response itself, but should let the proxy handle it (even if it
fails, that's actually better than an incorrectly-send response by the
server, because the client can then gracefully handle it somehow).

I think originally, when I wrote the trace code, it did this, but Roy
had it changed (and he recently changed it again, but I don't think that
changed it), and apparently this got messed up somewhere.

This should defenitely be fixed, because it makes Apache non-HTTP/1.1
compliant.