httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Byteranges... almost done...
Date Tue, 18 Feb 1997 07:41:30 GMT
More news:

I finally heard back from Microsoft about IE. They said that the next
release (or 4.0, at least) of IE will support multipart/byteranges as
well as x-byteranges, so we should be safe checking for MSIE 3. The
next release of IE for the Mac will also fix its current horrible
byterange implementation (which there is really no way for Apache to
work around; but it won't work with most other servers either).

This makes me feel better about putting in the patch that's on the
table (as I did about the Netscape patch last week). As I said, I will
commit it tomorrow unless someone tells me otherwise.

I'll then get back to Adobe, and make sure all this sits well with
them.

P.S. I find it kind of exiting that I can email people at companies
like Adobe and Microsoft, and they actually respond to me... wow. And
I'm still just a senior in high school. I mean, heck, Microsoft is
three years older than I am.