httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "No support for byte ranges ("Range")" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Mon, 10 Feb 1997 07:39:43 GMT
On Sun, 9 Feb 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Navigator 3.0 seems to do partial requests for images... at least the
> linux and irix versions do.

Hmm. I tried a few months ago to coax the Mac version into doing
so. Was never sucessful. *shrug* When exactly does it seem to do it
for you?

> I love these little get-rich-quick schemes.  There was another one I saw
> that encoded all images as multipart/mixed documents so that when users
> tried to Save them to disk they wouldn't work as expected (since most
> graphics programs don't expect a mime document).  They claimed to be
> protecting your images from unauthorized use.

Hmm... sounds like a way to get rich yourself... get a hold of a list
of these folk's clients, and sell them a text editor as a tool to
"hack" into their own files.