httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: list of things to be done
Date Thu, 27 Feb 1997 03:23:25 GMT
On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > > Works for me. Is this a release candidate? I personally haven't
> > > seen any real showstoppers in b7 yet, but I am still reading...
> >
> > I would be hoping that it would be, now that we're finally in feature
> > freeze. 8^) I'm starting with Marc's last list from b7, and culling new
> > stuff from mail I've seen and the bug DB. I should have a list together
> > later tonight or tomorrow. I'm hoping folks will fill me in on stuff I
> > miss, older patches that no one looked at, etc.
> >
> > Anything happens after the 8th, I figure it's b9 or 1.2.1, depending on
> > the timing & severity. Everyone OK with that?
>
> I'm not sure things will be quite ready for the 8th; it depends on how bug
> reports keep coming in for things broken in b7.

Any reason why we need a b8?  Why not a 1.2 final?

> I think taz is getting bored:
>
> load averages: 114.83,  7.60,  4.83                        18:44:15

Actually you may be seeing a bug in "top" where the load average when above ten
shifts over to the right on redraws - the load should have been "14", not "114"
- if you do a ^L you'll see it right, or an "uptime".

The higher load averages are mostly the "fault" of qmail, since its model is
swarms of lots of small processes.  It appears to not really matter much -
interactive telnet is just as fast as before, if not faster since now there's
much less memory hoggage by sendmail and much less swapping.

	Brian