httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: go for public release of 1.2b7
Date Mon, 24 Feb 1997 00:14:27 GMT
On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Chuck Murcko wrote:
> OK, the announcement's posted/mailed. The pages are updated, and the
> archives are in place. My *(^)%$! Netscape mailer munched a bit on the
> beginning of the announcement, though. 8^(

I had to hand-forward it coz chuck's name's not on the list of approved
posters, but it is now.  Total delay time: 3 hours.

Qmail is now being used to distribute mailing list mail on hyperreal (something
that's been the sponge soaking up a lot of my spare time recently, mandated by
so much mail traffic in recent weeks).  It got mail delivered to 95% of the
6495 recipients in 20 minutes (the other 5% being those with transient or
permanent failures while connecting to the remote host).  It used to take hours
with sendmail.

View raw message