httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: [BUG] weird lockup
Date Mon, 17 Feb 1997 04:01:41 GMT

The only weird lockups I've seen recently are related to the notice I posted a
little while ago, about NT and Shockwave, where after accessing a shockwave
movie using the plugins for *either* MSIE or Netscrape, the client will start
opening up a massive number of connections to the server and then do nothing
with them, eventually soaking up to maxclients and preventing other accesses.
As best we can tell this is triggered only with shockwave movies which, after
some event, make a call back to the client to go to a particular URL.  Ed's
patch for limiting connections has helped prevent this from doing damage (and
he's seen it work), this may have been your problem.  Netstat would show dozens
and dozens, maybe hundreds of connections to the same host, when this happens.

	Brian