httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@valis.worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Using the PUT method with Apache
Date Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:43:24 GMT
No good.  Problem is that when someone exploits something like a buffer
overflow in the webserver all it takes a a trivial bit more code to get
rid of any such restrictions and you have root.  The child process still
needs root privs to do this; changing the euid only shuffles the problem
around a bit.