httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: pending/205: Re: Changed information for PR test/204 (fwd)
Date Thu, 27 Feb 1997 06:11:14 GMT
(sent to new-httpd again because there are only six svbscribers to
the bugdb list...)

The subject has to match:

	(.*re[ \t]*(\[[0-9]+\])?:)?[ \t]*([-a-z0-9_+.]*/([0-9]+))

Which means you can have:

	Re: pending/205: foobar baz

or probably:
	wheezee re[666]:     pending/205 is cool

but not:

	Re: Changed information for PR pending/205

I wasn't clear enough that you can only do this following up the the
original mail, not the changed information message.  There are docs for
GNATS available online at:

	http://www.hyperreal.com/info/gnuinfo/index?(gnats)

but they aren't overly useful, and not just because they come from the
horrid info format.

I am considering if I should suggest including a customized send-pr in the
Apache distribution so people can just run the script to send in a pr...
it is much easier to send one in that way than from the web when you have
to include config files, etc.  I am also thinking about suggesting having
gnats add a header to the note it sends out on pr creation telling the
submitter they can add information by sending mail to apbugs and keeping
the subject line, then telling people on the web form that they can do
that if it is annoying to fit some of the stuff in the web form.