httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "cmd line -f <config> doesn't work for relative paths" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Tue, 18 Feb 1997 17:21:13 GMT
If you try:
   httpd -c ./bar/foo

you should get something like:

   httpd: could not open document config file /usr/local/etc/httpd/./bar/foo

That is as it should be.  It does not use the ServerRoot in the config
file to find the config file (how could it?  If it hasn't found the
config file it can't look it in to know where to look...) but rather
the HTTPD_ROOT defined in httpd.h.  Is this not what you are seeing?

I guess the docs could use clarification.  Is this the man page you
got that from?