httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject warnings on NeXT
Date Mon, 17 Feb 1997 21:55:43 GMT
People are reporting the following warnings:

util.c: In function `gname2id':
util.c:1108: warning: passing arg 1 of `getgrnam' discards `const' from
pointer target type
util.c: In function `get_virthost_addr':
util.c:1167: warning: passing arg 1 of `inet_addr' discards `const' from
pointer target type
util.c:1175: warning: passing arg 1 of `gethostbyname' discards `const' from
pointer target type

My guess is that NeXT doesn't define the argument as const for getgrnam,
inet_addr and gethsotbyname.

It could be fixed by removing the const from our routines but that's
lame and we shouldn't do that.  I don't see an obvious nice way to
fix it, so unless someone else has a good way I will ignore them...