httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: PR#73: add Referrer to errorlog
Date Sun, 16 Feb 1997 21:29:34 GMT
On Sun, 16 Feb 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> >From the fingers of Dean Gaudet flowed the following:
> >
> >On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> >> 	- close the report, say use mod_log_config
> >
> >This gets my vote.  It's how I do it...
>
>     Moi aussi.
>
>     I don't quite understand this bit about your reluctance to change
>     the format, though, Marc.  Are we talking about the error log, or
>     the access log?  I agree for the latter, but I thought the issue was
>     the former?  (Haven't read the PR for a while, and can't right
>     now..)

error log.  Even though the things in it can be formatted any which way,
there are automated programs that go through it and look for messages like
file doesn't exist.  Not that many I guess, and it would be better for
them to use the access log, but...

I'm not really against it, I just am not going to recommend it myself.