httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: Feature freeze?
Date Fri, 07 Feb 1997 00:10:08 GMT
On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Lou D. Langholtz wrote:

> Lastly, I'm definately for seeing 1.2 done asap too. Then a QUICK 1.3
> with just the minor additional features suggested so far (anything that
> required mods to three files or less) gets a +1 vote from me. Seems like
> in the future a few modules (albiet some of the most useful like
> mod_rewrite and mod_sucgi) need to be seperated back out again from the
> distribution though so that future releases aren't as interdependent.

Things are being held up here by "one more release" before...

I'm sure people who have been around longer than I have can tell great
stories about what was to be the last release before 2.0.

IMHO, after 1.2 comes out we need to plan on no more 1.x releases except
for expected bugfix releases.  Branching the tree at that point would be a
good thing, and would at least let the work on 2.0 get started.  If we
have to come back to 1.x, so be it, but...

What really has to be figured out is what do we have for a code base to
start with?  Can RST's implementation be used?  If so, should it?  If not,
who will be writing the alternative?  The base of it essentially has to be
done by one or two people I think.

Releasing 1.2 will not give any room to go ahead unless we know exactly
where we are going.  Perhaps everyone else does, but I don't.