httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: idea - last-modified despite SSI - possible performance booster
Date Mon, 03 Feb 1997 07:30:27 GMT
For stuff that only needs to be updated once an hour, etc. I would suggest
a possible approach would be for the web server to simply flag it as needing
updating in an easily searchable index somewhere, then have something run
from cron that does the actual processing.  I don't like having by
web server being able to rewrite my content and I don't like having
the connection block while it does it.