httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject [BUG]: "With CGI script as document root, can't access subdirectories (worked in v1.1.1!)" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Mon, 03 Feb 1997 11:31:22 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun Feb 2 19:37:27 1997
From: geddis@tesserae.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Subject: [BUG]: "With CGI script as document root, can't access subdirectories (worked in
v1.1.1!)" on Solaris 2.x

Submitter: geddis@tesserae.com
Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.2b6
Extra Modules used: status
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
Two problems:

1. In BOTH version 1.1.1, and version 1.2b6, I get a warning when I start
   apache.  The warning is:
	DocumentRoot [/home/tesserae/code/cgi/nph-kiosk.cgi] does not exist
   The relevant part of my configuration is
	<VirtualHost search.tesserae.com>
	ServerName search.tesserae.com
	TransferLog logs/search-acc_log
	AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
	DocumentRoot /home/tesserae/code/cgi/nph-kiosk.cgi
	</VirtualHost>
   Note that DocumentRoot points to a FILE, not a DIRECTORY.

2. Despite the warning, this setup works just fine, and an attempt to access
	http://search.tesserae.com/
   successfully retrieves the CGI-generated page.  However, Apache v1.2b6
   (and b4, for that matter), result in
	caught SIGSEGV, dumping core
   and thus an empty document when I try to access any subdirectory, such as
	http://search.tesserae.com/query/
   (The intent here is to call the same CGI script, but with PATH_INFO set.)

   I should point out that this IDENTICAL setup works just fine using
   Apache v1.1.1, which I have temporarily reverted to.

	-- Don

--

Backtrace: