httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject NASTY BUG IN apache_1.2b6 (fwd)
Date Mon, 03 Feb 1997 02:45:28 GMT

Just got this. I asked which version does work - it's a pre-beta 1.2-dev
:-/

So someone else noticed CGI needing to be killed after the 3 second delay.

So what broke ?

He's using HPUX 10.x so some stuff specific to HPUX10 could be to
blame.

I won't be online much for the next 24 hours so if you need any more
info or testing, please talk to Paul directly.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 19:09:13 -0700 (MST)
From: Paul Ginsparg 505-667-7353 <ginsparg@qfwfq.lanl.gov>
To: robh@imdb.com
Cc: local-admin@xxx.lanl.gov
Subject: NASTY BUG IN apache_1.2b6

we've had to revert back to an earlier version --
we have some scripts that do an exec, e.g.
   exec("$script_dir/replace.pl","");
(this was within perl), the exec script is called, and i left the last lines
in the exec'ed script as

print STDERR "now we're done\n";
exit(0);

the "now we're done" gets printed immediately to error_log, but the server
just hangs and never sees that the exec'ed script has exited, after two
minutes or whatever logs "script timed out".

did they mess up the signaling or pipes somehow?

anyway reverting to an earlier version of httpd instantly solves problem.

this one needs to be fixed quickly...

pg