httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Searchable mail archives
Date Sat, 01 Mar 1997 03:56:37 GMT
>From the fingers of Brian Behlendorf flowed the following:
>
>On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:
>>         There is a mail archive (http://dev.apache.org/mail/) ...
>
>It really needs to be made searchable.
>
>Has anyone seen a decent mbox->web interface come up which allows me to
>continue storing my messages in mbox format and doesn't require
>making a separate HTML document for each message, but instead renders
>the message into templates on the fly?

    I wasn't going to say [write? ;-] anything about it yet, but I've
    been hacking at something like this for exactly this reason.  I've
    been using the Apache archives as a testbed because they're an
    excellent stress-test. ;->

    It's a long way from finished, and if someone comes up  with a
    solution before mine is ready, that would be great (almost anything
    would be better than what I've got so far) - but I'll probably keep
    hacking at it because it's an interesting exercise.

    #ken    :-)}