httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "child process doesn't accept http request after proxy request" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Tue, 25 Feb 1997 20:59:18 GMT
Chuck Murcko wrote:
> Read down a bit. Ben, did that buff.c patch ever go in? The one that
> removed the extra note_cleanups_for_fd()?

I'm glad you brought that up. I was beginning to think everyone was ignoring
me. It has not been applied, because there are various ways to fix the problem.

My view is that removing the cleanups from bpushfd() is the correct thing to
do - the buff code can't assume that you want it cleaned up, or haven't already
noted it. But this can't be done without an accompanying change to http_main.c.
Not that there's any big deal there. Until I get some consensus, I ain't doing

Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435  Email:
Technical Director        URL:
A.L. Digital Ltd,         Apache Group member (