httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: getwd
Date Tue, 18 Feb 1997 07:58:37 GMT
> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > > Seems like the only use of getwd() is to generate the full pathname
> > > of the included file in mod_includes.c... Is this needed? Couldn't
> > > we just replace that with "./"? Is this for security reasons or
> > > some other interactions...?
> >
> > I support getting rid of it.
> >

> Votes for simply using "./" ...
>
> +1

For live mount/umount reasons I prefer the thing to follow the chroot("/")
kind of rules; and would not like to reply on it like that. If any; I would
prever the server directory to be prefixed.

We quite often have little accident where a disc gets mounted/dis-mounted
and things stop working cause there is some obscure program starting its
path on that mnt point; even though the file is elsewhere.

Dw.