httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Manual page and copyrights
Date Mon, 17 Feb 1997 14:38:02 GMT
Paul Sutton wrote:
> I would like to see an explicit statement that all code changes donated to
> the Apache project become copyright The Apache Group, and remove all
> personal copyright messages. In some cases, a joint copyright may be
> acceptable (in particular, mod_rewrite should reasonably remain copyright
> by Ralf and The Apache Group). This could be part of a coding style for
> Apache contributors.

I'd have no objection to this _if_ the Apache Group had a reasonable policy
on giving credit to contributors. As it is, the only people who seem to get
credit are those who have actually done nothing whatever for Apache, but whose
code has been lifted for use in the server.

I know that, in theory, this is going to change, but I've yet to see any
action.

Cheers,

Ben.