httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: updated status for 1.2b7
Date Sun, 16 Feb 1997 13:55:59 GMT
>From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
>
>Agenda for 1.2b7-dev
>====================
>
>Patches ready for testing, voting:
>
>  * identitycheck and hostnamelookups not allowed in .htaccess but
>    documentation says they are.  Update the documentation or perhaps
>    make them work as documented.
>		am proposing fixing the docs.  If someone thinks
>		the source should be fixed so it works as documented,
>		say so.

    Humm..  I do, actually.  I'll undertake to work on this.

>  * fixing server-generated HTML [Ken]
>		Marc +1 for the <HTML> additions, but not the DOCTYPE

    Truly I goofed; I misread something when glancing over some RFC
    changes within the last few weeks.  {blush}  I'll regenerate the
    patches sans DOCTYPEs.

    At some point I'd like to see all the server-generated HTML be
    consistent as to format & case (i.e., all tags in either upper- or
    lower-case), and be more readable through the addition of judicious
    works, but it's not very nice to look at if anyone is doing a "view
    source" or using tcpshow..  This is definitely not a bug, but I'll
    undertake to generate patches for this unless someone wants to -1
    the concept now..

>Should be done or at least looked at before 1.2b7:
>
>  * status module available from .htaccess files

    I'm hacking at this one now.  IMHO, this is a fairly serious
    security issue - not so much the status module as the info module.

>Contrib stuff / future:
>
>  * add some setlocale stuff?

    I'm going to send the reporter the patch for mod_include, point out
    the pitfalls (thanx, Marc!) of doing it server-wide, and probably
    ask that the PR be suspended.  I think that's it for this subject in
    1.2..

    #ken    :-)}