httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject [BUG] spaces in SSI?
Date Sat, 08 Feb 1997 17:22:21 GMT
>   * <!--#exec cmd="prog args\ with\ spaces"-->
>     doesn't work anymore. It passes THREE arguments
>     to prog ("args", "with" and "spaces), instead of
>     ONE argument ("args with spaces"). [eb@via.ecp.fr]  suexec related?

This is not suexec related. It is simply caused by the SSI string parser
removing backslashes. To fix it, either we till people to use "\\ " (I assume
this will work) or we change the backslash removal to only do so when a
character which actually needs escaping follows. I can't say I'm much enamoured
with either method.

Cheers,

Ben.