httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: updated Agenda for 1.2b7
Date Sat, 08 Feb 1997 03:30:01 GMT
>From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
>
>I haven't finished going through the updates yet, but will post this
>now anyway...

    Personally, I think you're doing a great job!

    :
    :
>  * 64-bit issues; general cleanup, ap_snprintf("%d", (int)-1) giving
>    wrong behavior on Alpha boxes.

    Are there other 64-bit issues with snprintf?  Or was this the only
    one?

    :
>  * http_request.c: directory_walk() misses some <Directory ...> directives
>    (PR#131).  I'm not sure the way things are done is really incorrect,
>    but should be looked at.

    Did the former have any [side-]effect on the latter?

>  * user and server get confused over what should be a virtual host
>	and what is the main server, resulting in access to something
>	other than the name defined in the virtualhost directive (but
>	with the same IP address) failing.
>			since it is likely not technically a bug.
>
>	New status: Dean posted patch, Ben +1-but-hasn't tested, may
>		or may not be whole problem, Randy +1.

    Is this intertwined with the issue described by Alexei in
    <Pine.HPP.3.95.970206111213.28200A-100000@ace.nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>?
    I.e., requests with no Host: header?

>  * infinite loop in mod_imap due to parsing bug
>		status: Marc found problem, wants input on which way to solve

    Um, what were the details on this?  I can't find your notes, Marc..

>    * should the bug report page be in CVS?  Should it be in the htdocs
>      tree or a seperate place?  Should it be distributed with Apache?
>      The same holds for everything on the Apache web site.  Marc would
>      like to see it all in CVS, but not necessarily distributed
>      with Apache.

    FWIW, that sounds eminently appropriate to me as well..

    #ken    :-)}