httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ed Korthof" ...@organic.com>
Subject Apache 1.2b7-dev performance
Date Fri, 07 Feb 1997 02:41:31 GMT
I tried compiling with the NO_LINGCLOSE option and sure enough, Apache
1.2b7-dev (with Deans' patches + my mod_include patch) performed as well as
Apache 1.1.3.

I'd like to add a section to the documentation on improving performance,
describing lingering_close, why we've added it, and the possibility that using
NO_LINGCLOSE will substantially increase web server performance.  Under certain
rather specific conditions, it appears that the increase in capacity might be
as high as 50%; a more normal improvement is around 10-20%.

--
     -- Ed Korthof        |  Web Server Engineer --
     -- ed@organic.com    |  Organic Online, Inc --