httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Novel way to kill Apache
Date Thu, 06 Feb 1997 14:48:46 GMT
If you build a program under Irix while it is running, it changes the code of
the running program, usually resulting in a crash! This comes as a big surprise
to me, since a) no other system I use does it, and b) its clearly trivial to
avoid. However, my contacts at SGI insist that this is expected and in no way
a bug. So, I wonder two things: does any other Unix do this (they claim they
do)? And should we have a note somewhere about it, or even change the Makefile
to do something like "mv httpd httpd-" (or "rm httpd") before linking?

Cheers,

Ben.