httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Re: list of things to be done
Date Thu, 27 Feb 1997 02:49:00 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> > Marc Slemko wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't have the time to continue maintaining this.  Anyone care to take
> > > over?
> > >
> > > Anyone?
> > >
> > > Anyone?
> >
> > I will, if we establish a release date for b8, which I assume will then
> > be a release if OK.
> >
> > Anyone?
> >
> > March 8th?
>
> Works for me. Is this a release candidate? I personally haven't
> seen any real showstoppers in b7 yet, but I am still reading...

I would be hoping that it would be, now that we're finally in feature
freeze. 8^) I'm starting with Marc's last list from b7, and culling new
stuff from mail I've seen and the bug DB. I should have a list together
later tonight or tomorrow. I'm hoping folks will fill me in on stuff I
miss, older patches that no one looked at, etc.

Anything happens after the 8th, I figure it's b9 or 1.2.1, depending on
the timing & severity. Everyone OK with that?

The signal handling (possibly minor) & some UnixWare issues should be
addressed in b8, beyond that I've seen no real killers yet, though, as
Jim points out, there's writev() and some other build type stuff to
clean up. Then there's virtual hosts (I think Dean's patch that didn't
make it the first time takes care of that) and the buff.c changes. And
Rob's patch or two that slipped through the cracks.

There's some proxy stuff (there's always proxy stuff) from Martin and
others to be addressed, too. Just bug fixes. The real stuff there starts
after release of 1.2.0.

b7 was a good job, thanks Marc, Dean, Alexei, Randy/Jason, Roy and the
rest of the cast of dozen(s).
--
chuck
Chuck Murcko