httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject [Fwd: [BUG]: "httpd hangs when SOCKS and mod_proxy are enabled" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)]
Date Tue, 11 Feb 1997 01:14:25 GMT
I'm pretty sure the tweaks are needed in SOCKS 4.2. Try SOCKS 4.3; the
library built much cleaner, and needed fewer changes to work on Solaris
2.5. SOCKS 4.2 was not very finished, and needed a number of little
changes to make it work correctly on both BSD and Solaris.

I've used Solaris 2.5 and 1.2b6 without difficulty for some time as a
SOCKS proxy for browsers. You might want the -lresolv after the -lsocks
in the link as well. SOCKS lib needs the resolver lib. That's how I
believe they're ordered in the Configure file.

If your SOCKS lib isn't in /usr/local/bin, you'll need a
-L<some_directory_where libsocks.a_is> when using the rule SOCKS=yes in
your Configuration.

Thanks for using Apache.
--
chuck