httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Lou D. Langholtz" <...@cs.utah.edu>
Subject Re: Feature freeze?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 1997 21:57:16 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Some may recall that awhile ago the status module included a field
> that indicated how long it took for Apache to handle the request.
> This was dropped since the method used had only second granularity.
> Right now I have a patch that adds this back using gettimeofday
> (and even times)... But this is definately a Feature and not a Fix.
> . . .

I'd love to see your code anyway. I just recently switcehd the
scoreboard.h related code to use gettimeofday() timeval's instead of
time() time_t's to get accurate breakdowns on how busy time is spent on
average and am considering switching to getrusage() instead of times()
as well. If you already got all this functionality working though... :-)

As somewhat of a sidenote, getrusage() seems to be more standard (as far
as portability is concerned) than times() so switching seems inevitable
especially since you get more info out of getrusage() ;-)

I cc'd everyone else just to keep the version 2 thoughts flowing and
stuff logged.

Lastly, I'm definately for seeing 1.2 done asap too. Then a QUICK 1.3
with just the minor additional features suggested so far (anything that
required mods to three files or less) gets a +1 vote from me. Seems like
in the future a few modules (albiet some of the most useful like
mod_rewrite and mod_sucgi) need to be seperated back out again from the
distribution though so that future releases aren't as interdependent.