httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <harrie.hazewin...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: Novel way to kill Apache
Date Thu, 06 Feb 1997 16:57:44 GMT
Hi,

If I remember it well there was around December a similar thread.
This behaviour is not that strange I guess because my Solaris box
does the same. The application which ran and is renewed by compilation
crahses.

Ben Laurie wrote:

> If you build a program under Irix while it is running, it changes the code of
> the running program, usually resulting in a crash! This comes as a big surprise
> to me, since a) no other system I use does it, and b) its clearly trivial to
> avoid. However, my contacts at SGI insist that this is expected and in no way
> a bug. So, I wonder two things: does any other Unix do this (they claim they
> do)? And should we have a note somewhere about it, or even change the Makefile
> to do something like "mv httpd httpd-" (or "rm httpd") before linking?

This solution should be enough I geuss (or kill the appliation).

Harrie

0----------------------------------------------------------0
   Harrie Hazewinkel
   Email  : harrie.hazewinkel@jrc.it
   WWW    : http://porto.jrc.it/~harrie/    [-with SNMP-]
   Postal : Centre for Earth Observation
            Institute for Space Applications
            Joint Research Centre of the E.C. - TP. 950
            Ispra 21020 (VA) Italy
   Phone  : 39+(0)332+789384
   Fax    : 39+(0)332+785461

Ik ben Harrie en ben 27 jaar en doe SNMP na. MIB, MIB.