httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Bixby <ma...@spock.dis.cccd.edu>
Subject Re: 1.2b7 Release and MPE/writev()
Date Sat, 22 Feb 1997 04:06:44 GMT
Dean Gaudet writes:

> Oh wow, that would be the first architecture to not have writev().  Is it
> an old arch?  Is there anything similar to writev()?  'cause without it,
> chunked performance will have some poor behaviours.

HP MPE (non-Unix, no relation to HPUX) has been around for almost 20 years,
but very minimal POSIX support was only grafted on a couple of years ago.
Just enough POSIX to be useful, but missing enough common Unix functions to be
frustrating.

I'm 99% sure there isn't anything similar to writev() -- I'll have to check
the documentation at work on Monday to be 100% certain.
--
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: markb@cccd.edu
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/