httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: releasing 1.2
Date Mon, 17 Feb 1997 14:24:39 GMT

In article <199702171400.JAA03494@shado.jaguNET.com> you wrote:
> Rob Hartill wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 16 Feb 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> >
> > > I guess I'm saying I'm comfortable with the idea of releasing a 1.2 that
> > > doesn't fix every known bug, and with releasing 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, etc. on
> > > semi-regular basis, as we improve the code base.
> >
> > I like that approach, but others here don't.
> >

> I think that that is the best method... 2.0 will be a LONG time
> coming.

I also like the idea of a fast arriving 1.2 and following releases with higher
patchlevels which fix some stuff. Ok, I think 1.2b7 should be done, but it
should be done _now_ and then after a _really short_ time the final 1.2 have
to be released. All are waiting for 1.2 and the current snap still works fine.
There is really enough time for 1.2.X to fix more esoteric bugs. Others do it
the same way...

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com