httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: updated status for 1.2b7
Date Sun, 16 Feb 1997 03:44:21 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Agenda for 1.2b7-dev
> ====================
>
> Patches ready for testing, voting:
>
>   * Roy's big fixes to main loop, lingering_close patch

+1... Really need a good wide beta-test on this, which seems the
best so far.

>   * fix vbprintf and NULL pointers

+1

>   * mod_include is slow.  Marc posted an output buffering patch
>     that shouldn't help but does.

+1

0

>   * fix -Wall warnings in regex library

Sounds like we either ignore the warning, under the feeling
that regex isn't "official" Apache code (we're just borrowing
it) but this is much more mucky than we originally envisioned...
Most probably we should simply fix the warnings :/

>   * add setlocale (PR#76)
> 		for after 1.2?

-1... Isn't setlocale an ANSIism? Unless we can provide a replacement,
Ugg. (PS: Did everyone get the word about the problems with
setlocale, I think, in FreeBSD?)

>   * correct irix 5.3 -Wall warnings

+1

>   * server can hang on HUP
> 	don't like the alternatives.
>
> Should be done or at least looked at before 1.2b7:
>
>   * status report shows PIDs in empty slots, user supplied some sort
>     of patch

I've got the patch... This would be more a feature than anything
else; after all, the entries _are_ right since the slots _should_
have Apache's PPID in them. Removing that from the output is fluff...

0

>   * let's fix the Solaris 2.6 and HPUX getwd junk the right way.
>     Either get rid of the (one) call to getwd or use ap_getwd and
>     #define it appropriately in conf.h

Ugly to add another new define for all entries in conf.h for one
use of a call... If no other alternatives, then we should wrap the
HPUX/Sol2.6 stuff (ie: only their entries in conf.h need be
adjusted) as needed. I'll look.

>   * Marc says Apache won't compile with HAVE_SNPRINTF defined as things
>     are now because not everything includes conf.h.
> 	will look at; perhaps just include conf.h everywhere

conf.h is included in httpd.h also...

+1 on waiting until we have a platform to work with :)

Another item: WRITEV stuff... so far, all platforms have writev
 but we need to keep this in the backs of our minds.

                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"