httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: I hate HPUX (getwd)
Date Wed, 12 Feb 1997 11:04:20 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Ok.  I finally figured out the story on getwd() on HPUX.  It is in 10.10,
> and comiles normally.  In 10.01 you need -lBSD to link it in.  Arrrrgh.
>
> I am open to suggestions.

Historically, getcwd() has been SysV and getwd() has been BSD; hybrids
either provide both or, more usually, the SysV version which itself is
most often implemented as a piped response from /bin/pwd.

We could add HAVE_GETWD, HAVE_GETCWD to the conf stuff... if neither
is selected we could roll our own. HAVE_GETWD should be prefered
simply for the performance considerations. Or, we could add
findcwd() in util.c and use that throughout the code and
generate that using getwd/getcwd to avoid littering the code
itself with #ifdefs if used alot...
                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"