httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@opengroup.org>
Subject Re: updated Agenda for 1.2b7
Date Mon, 10 Feb 1997 15:16:31 GMT
Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com> wrote:

> I haven't finished going through the updates yet, but will post this
> now anyway...
>
> 1.2b7 status as of Fri Feb  7 20:04:56 MST 1997:
[...]
>   * authentication handlers called more than once per request; patch
>     submitted [Doug MacEachern] Dean +1

The patch I sent in was for mod_auth_kerb, just to solicit concerns if
there were any.  Where do you plan to apply it in the main source?  I
don't think the core should change where and when it invokes
authentication handlers, leave it up to the modules.  How about adding
a handy function (or macro) like so:

int
initial_req(r)
{
    request_rec *r;

    if(r->main != NULL) /* this is a sub-request */
	return 0;
    else if(r->prev != NULL) /* this is an internal redirect */
	return 0;
   /* this is the initial main request, we only get here *once* per HTTP request */
    return 1;
}

handlers at other stages of a request could make good use of this too.

-Doug