httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Fear <...@pooh.pageplus.com>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "Argument passing in <!--#exec cmd=...-->" on Linux (fwd)
Date Sun, 09 Feb 1997 08:54:40 GMT

Marc Slemko writes:
> ...and that extra buffer makes large files transfer more than twice as
> quickly than without it.  bputc buffers stuff in 4k buffers, but there is
> still a lot of overhead when using rputc.  There are two function calls
> for every call to rputc which could be causing part of that.

Don't disagree.  I just suspect a design issue when faced with
buffering data to call another routine which buffers data.
But, then I believe that you've already pointed this out.
So, by all means do it for 1.2 and re-evaluate when we
get 2.0's streams.

--
Howard Fear      I'm just a country perl hacker Jim.        hsf@pageplus.com
                    http://www.pageplus.com/~hsf/           hsf@redcape.com