httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: February 1997 Netcraft Web Server Survey (fwd)
Date Thu, 06 Feb 1997 23:11:19 GMT
> On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>
> > Can we get a timeline for 1.2b7 then?  A lot has gone into it already.
> > I'd like to say roll it sunday feb 9, but there's a lot of outstanding
> > patches still needing voting.  I'd really like to see my performance
> > patches in 1.2b7 because they need wide enough testing before release.
> >
> > Do we want 1.2b7 to be a release candidate?
>
> I think so, but I really don't think we are ready for it yet.  You have
> looked at the list of problems.  If nothing comes up before I get to it, I
> hope to have something to help the hanging on HUP problem on the weekend.

I agree that we aren't ready. I have not been much help this round
but hope to get a shot at some things over the weekend.

I also would like to move Dean's patches to my live server, but
unfortunately (after applying the patches and porting changes to
support SSL) I have a case where the writes are to stderr.... ??
I hope to get a chance to figure this out over the weekend....

> There are lots of other things that should be fixed too.  The bug-fixing
> has been going very well over the past few betas, so I think it is worth
> following up on it.

Agreed, but I would personally like to see us put this thing behind
us in the next week if possible.