httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/htdocs/manual/misc fin_wait_2.html
Date Sat, 01 Feb 1997 13:31:34 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

I'm not trying to be a pain-in-the-ass about this, nor rub anyone
the wrong way. I'd just hate to see some kernel code commented
as /* The Apache FIN_WAIT_2 workaround */       :)

I'd also like to have some option for those OSs who don't have
a FIN_WAIT_2 timeout. They can't use SO_LINGER, lingering_close()
causes problems and we tell 'em that NO_LINGCLOSE basically
makes their server bogus.

                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"