httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "DocumentRoot behaves strangely within VirtualHost" on Irix (fwd)
Date Tue, 28 Jan 1997 19:24:02 GMT
This might be resolved by replacing the hostname in the VirtualHost line
with the ip address.  It's also worth noting that it's just not possible
for the server to know the client's resolving order... and the Host:
header doesn't require a FQDN.  This is a really typical problem in my
experience.  I'm not sure we can accomodate named-vhosts and ip-vhosts in
a manner that's backwards compatible with 1.0 configs.

The ServerAlias directive would also be useful here.

Dean