httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: ZD Net tests, IRIX, and MAX_SOCKETS
Date Mon, 20 Jan 1997 20:53:00 GMT
There are tunings that you have to perform in /var/sysgen/master.d/bsd on
5.3 and afaik on 6.2 as well -- so probably on 6.3.  But 6.2/6.3 don't
have the listen queue tuning parameter so I'm assuming SGI improved the
code such that it's either way high by default or it doesn't need tuning.
That is where you would tune mbufs for example.

A 128Mb 6.2 box has nproc = 576 by default, so it'd also run out of
processes unless systune was run on it.  They'd also have to systune maxup
so that the httpd uid could have more than 150 processes.  I doubt they
performed any of these tunings.

Which version of Apache?  Does keepalive figure into this?

Aren't the other three servers multithreaded?

Dean