httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: out of contact
Date Sun, 19 Jan 1997 03:23:09 GMT
You showed great trust expecting them to do that ;)  I just submitted
about 50 domain updates, from the appropriate address with the correct
CRYPT-PW info.  Their wonderful scripts happily bounced all those messages
back to the admin contacts ... *including the naked password*.  Bleh.  I
hear from people using PGP that it doesn't work either.

I love it when I get messages back saying "this has to be submitted by the
current admin or tech contacts" when I went to the explicit effort of
manufacturing the correct mail headers.  It's random -- I can submit the
same spoofed message twice w/same headers and they'll happily process it
the second time.

On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Chuck Murcko wrote:

> InterNIC did me the favor of *not* waiting a week as requested to change
> my domain's DNS entries. They went into the Friday night root server load.
> So, I'm getting that together at the moment.
> Be back later today, in theory. I'll let you know when it's safe to mail to
> Urgent mail only could go to taz, I suppose.
> chuck
> The Topsail Group	Purveyors of Fine Hacks      West Chester PA

View raw message