httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <m...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: Patch to slow down children's deaths
Date Wed, 08 Jan 1997 09:16:43 GMT
> It's kinda wild, actually - we
> should probably try and grab a bare-bones snapshot every second of live
> children + idle children and graph that.

Theres a script in support that I wrote to do this sort of logging
(support/log_server_status.pl) which can then be turned into a graph (see
http://www.telescope.org/graph/ for one based on GD that logs every 3
minutes that I must get around to cleaning up and submitting).

Of course to do the logging it has to do a request for the auto status
page which affects the stats themselves; might be nice to make this use
IPC msg queues.  The status stuff has to change lots for the threaded
version anyway.

Mark@ukweb