httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_info.c
Date Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:25:13 GMT
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> BTW, should we standardize on a format for commits that close PRs?

No, since we haven't standardized on a bug database yet. Remember that
I refuse to use one that doesn't communicate with me via email. So I
will never know if I'm closing a PR or not.

[...]

> Hmm.  My reading of the docs say that I should get the remote template as
> it was when I did the checkout.   How am I supposed to customize
> it locally?

Note quite exactly sure. Maybe you can't.

> Are you saying that vi on taz should work?  I get a vi running locally
> which takes my log message, then later it tries to start another on taz.
>
> See the log below.  Right before the first line, it loaded an editor
> locally with some sort of default template in.    Then it goes on,
> tries to start vi on the server (from cvsedit; note the S-> indicating
> running on the server), vi whines, it gives the "Log message
> unchanged..." message, it does _not_ pause for me to respond to
> it, then it goes on with what it does.

That's the correct behavior. It's supposed to do that. Or at least, it
works when it does that :) In other words, don't worry about it.