httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_info.c
Date Tue, 28 Jan 1997 03:49:02 GMT
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> What advantages do you find with pserver over rsh?  (well, I use ssh since
> experience makes me too paranoid to use rsh but...)

I was having some problems with DNS (at my end, not hyperreal's) and
rsh, so I switched over to pserver. Functionally, I've noticed no
difference.

> I found my problem.  /usr/local/bin/cvs _was_ first in my path, I _was_
> setting CVS_SERVER, but the silly log_accum.pl script was just running
> "cvs" and my path wasn't getting set correctly for non-interactive shells
> because I'm stupid and bash is stupid.  Sigh.  /usr/bin/cvs outputs a
> different format for the status command, which log_accum.pl couldn't find.

/usr/bin/cvs is an old version. Dunno why it's still there, really.

> Do others get the correct log message template (eg. "Reviewed by:" line
> there, etc.) when committing remotely using rsh?  What happens for me is
> that I get what looks like a default one without the "Reviewed by:", etc.
> lines.  From the trace output, cvs later tries to start vi on _taz_ (with
> the template there?), which quickly fails because I don't have a pty.

You don't get the remove template, you get the local one (which you
can customize locally). It is supposed to start vi on taz, but it
shouldn't fail... usually it just gives you an error and keeps on
plugging.