httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: pipelining and chunking
Date Tue, 28 Jan 1997 03:04:36 GMT
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:
> > I'm still a bit unclear on this; on
> > http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Protocols/HTTP/Performance/Apache.html, it
> > says "a multiplum of 4 bytes are lost". You are now saying that those
> > bytes are in fact not lost, but simply not read by libwww due to it
> > being buggy?
>
> That appears to be the case.  I didn't observe any lost data on the wire.
> Henrik is looking into libwww now.  He seems to think it's libwww as well.

Okay; I'm happy now, then.

But a question: The version of Apache (1.2b1) flushed after each
response was sent. It seems unlikely then that a packet would have
ended with just the first few bytes of the next response; it would
have only had those few bytes in it. Did Henrik remove the bflush()
to do his test, or is this one of those random things?