httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: Apache 1.2b5 ready for pre-release testing
Date Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:47:48 GMT
On Sat, 25 Jan 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> >From the fingers of Randy Terbush flowed the following:
> >
> >Find it in[gz|Z]
>     Um, is there a secret handshake I'm supposed to know?  The above URL
>     gives me Hyperreal's 404 page for both the .gz and .Z files..

It's a Host:-based virtual host, so if your browser doesn't send one,
Apache'll think you're talking to We have a
ServerPath entry there, so whenever you see, tack a
/httpd/ in there

(BTW, using here is perferred over or any
other name. If you don't, and the browser does send Host:, it will be
logged in the incorrect host, etc...)

Alexei Kosut <>      The Apache HTTP Server

View raw message