httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Apache 1.2b5 ready for pre-release testing
Date Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:47:48 GMT
On Sat, 25 Jan 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> >From the fingers of Randy Terbush flowed the following:
> >
> >Find it in http://dev.apache.org/dist/apache_1.2b5.tar.[gz|Z]
>
>     Um, is there a secret handshake I'm supposed to know?  The above URL
>     gives me Hyperreal's 404 page for both the .gz and .Z files..

It's a Host:-based virtual host, so if your browser doesn't send one,
Apache'll think you're talking to www.hyperreal.com. We have a
ServerPath entry there, so whenever you see dev.apache.org, tack a
/httpd/ in there
(e.g. http://dev.apache.org/httpd/dist/apache_1.2b5.tar.[gz|Z).

(BTW, using dev.apache.org here is perferred over www.hyperreal.com or any
other name. If you don't, and the browser does send Host:, it will be
logged in the incorrect host, etc...)