httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Our image, up-to-date website, and PR #44
Date Fri, 24 Jan 1997 22:18:14 GMT
On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Regarding the state of the bug database...
>
> I think that we need to decide to use either mail, or the web
> interface. Not both. Two places to report bugs just creates more
> work in tracking it.

Mebbe. Although, I will point out one thing that I said a few months
ago, when we first considered this (unfortunately, I can't locate the
exact message): I refuse to use any bug database that does not send me
email when anything is added/changed (as our CVS system does). I knew
Brian had been playing with one, but I was aghast to learn this week
that it had actually been put onto our public website (guess I hadn't
been paying attention?), since this violates the agreement that we had
made six (or however many) months ago, and I believe I had a standing
veto out on that.

My point is this: I want to be able to develop Apache passively. I
mean this in the sense of how the bug reporting via email system works
now: I read through my email, and glance at bug reports as they come
in. If there's one I know anything about, I can say or do
something. Otherwise, I can just hit delete. I don't want to have to
have any more active participation (such as opening a web browser and
clicking on things) than that.