httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "Modules init function called twice ?" on SunOS 4.x (fwd)
Date Thu, 16 Jan 1997 21:12:16 GMT
On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, plc@lexem.fr wrote:

> We are developping a module for apache. As a
> startup I made a template module with server_create,
> option_handler, init function... But these function are
> called twice !
> Is it a standard behavior ?

Yes. Apache reads the config files twice upon startup. This is normal
behavior. It reads them once to determine the actual location of the
configuration files (which can be changed by the config file), then
again to actually load in the configuration.

A module needs to be able to handle being configured multiple times
anyway, since when the server is restarted (send a HUP signal), it
will run through configuration again.

Thanks for using Apache!