httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: problem with log url overflow found
Date Sun, 12 Jan 1997 18:01:11 GMT
On Sun, 12 Jan 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Since multiple slashes mean nothing to stat we could safely wrapper stat with
> a redundant / remover.

Yes, that would work. Except calling no2slash() too many times might
prove to be a bottleneck: Because you need to keep the filename intact in
get_path_info() so you can generate an accurate r->path_info, you
would need to duplicate path and call no2slash() on the copy, each
time you called stat (on that copy). Would that prove prohibitive?

Actually, thinking about this... in get_path_info(), after we set
r->path_info, I think it might behoove us to call no2slash()
on r->filename directly before returning. This doesn't affect the
problem we're talking about, but might be useful anyway.

Alexei Kosut <>      The Apache HTTP Server

View raw message