httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: no Via header in mod_proxy (proxy_http.c) (fwd)
Date Tue, 07 Jan 1997 02:09:24 GMT
On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Dave Kristol wrote:

> According to the HTTP/1.1 spec. (Sect. 14.44), a proxy *must* add a Via
> header on requests that a proxy relays from a client to a server, and on
> appear to do so.

You are correct, though it should be noted that Apache's proxy server
is a HTTP/1.0 proxy (and labels its responses and requests such), not
a HTTP/1.1 proxy (although the rest of Apache is
HTTP/1.1-compliant). Bringing the proxy to full HTTP/1.1 compliance is
not something we anticipate being able to do within the Apache 1.2
timeframe, but is planned for the next release thereafter.

Thanks!