httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Header Parse API
Date Fri, 03 Jan 1997 20:33:09 GMT
On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Here's the patch to add an extra API for header parsing. As you can see, its
> pretty simple. I've only added it to the main request processor, and not to the
> subrequest processors, on the grounds that the headers from the client only
> happen in the main request. There is room for debate here, though.
>
> I've tested it lightly, and BrowserMatch still works, so I guess its mostly OK.
> I'd like to commit it so people can test it easily - if its OK then I'll do the
> changes for mod_auth to make it user BrowserMatch instead. I will undertake to
> remove the changes if, in the end, the mod is not approved.

What I'm wondering is how adding the extra slot to the end of the
module structure is going to affect existing modules, which won't have
the extra NULL. Will this compile and run on all compilers? Glancing
at K&R, it would seem to indicate this is legal, but it doesn't give
me the happiest of feelings.

Whatever you do, be sure and bump up the MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER.