httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: MSIE and laguages and a bug? in mod_expires
Date Fri, 03 Jan 1997 00:49:33 GMT
On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, sameer wrote:

> 	We really need to do an API documentation push. Can you run
> the perlmod command that Doug suggested (I'm asking you to do it
> because you have mod_perl) and put the results in the tree so that API
> docs can begin?

It should be pointed out that there is API documentation - the
API.html file that RST originally wrote. Of course, it's woefully
inadequate and out of date, but it exists.

I'd like to see the mod_perl stuff as well, but I disagree that it
should be "put in the tree". As of right now, I would not want to see
documentation appear in 1.2b5 that is 1) relevant to a Perl version of
the Apache API, not the C version we use, and 2) possibly incorrect.

OTOH, it could very well be put somewhere on dev.apache.org, so we
could look at it.

At one point, I did begin to write actual documentation for the Apache
API, a few months ago. Then I started working for Organic, and I got
too busy to finish it. I suppose that's how life goes.